Pages

Tuesday, 15 March 2016

One song leads to another


OR

It's sappy music day!

There we were, at the grocery store check-out .. I heard just the first damn note and I knew the song. And not just any song, one of the sappiest, most bubble gum songs ever, one I don't suppose I've heard more than twice in the last decade. Back then? Yeah we all heard it a lot. It's also kinda sweet and I love it.




But you see, it set off a chain reaction in the music section of my brain. Now song after song is 'coming in' on the psychic radio station. Next up:



I blush to admit, this is one of my favourite songs ..




Which of course led me on a merry dance through youtube videos (have I mentioned how long-suffering my husband is?)

And I found this .. still chokes me up.


(apologies if you get commercials)


6 comments:

  1. The Association were masters of those nonsense verbal supporting harmony lines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's a girl thing Ed. Doesn't sound like nonsense to me.

      Delete
    2. That's "nonsense" as in "not trying to make sense verbally." Of course it sounds good, and they did it better than almost anyone else, particularly in their time.

      Delete
    3. Not non-sense to all of us, my friend. *Groovy*. A different kind of sense.

      Delete
  2. This sequence of music---my husband always leads me on these chases! You Tube chases. Gotta' love them. I wasn't so familiar with number one, although number two and three I was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Ed Sullivan show was before your time ;-)

      Delete